KULUMI Mini is our latest version of our portable solar powered LED audio lamps. Our goal with the KULUMI Mini is to reduce size and cost in order to make it more accessible to families in the Developing World. It consists of a battery powered LED light, an Audio Player a mobile phone charger and a external Solar Panel. The Mini is used to provide people with adequate lighting, audio education and training in their own language.
The name, KULUMI, was derived from two words. N'kulu N'kulu which is a Zulu word for great and Lumen which means light. Together it means the Great Light.
KULUMI Mini's specifications are:
- Powerful 150 lumens flood light
- 4 brightness settings
- Audio Player:
- 4GB micro SDcard with anti-tampering content protection
- Auxiliary Audio sources include FM radio and Line in
- Buitt in 2W speaker that enables 20 people to hear the audio content
- 5V / 500mA USB output for charging mobile phones
- Recharge via built in 0.7W Solar panel or 5V micro USB
- Standard battery size: 3.2V / 1500mAh LiFePo4 battery
- 2000 charge cycles, 4-35h of use
- Optional order option: 3.2V / 3000mAh LiFePo4 battery
- Physical Size:
- Weight: 195g (0.4 pounds)
- Dimensions: 136mm x 82mm x 33mm (5.3" x 3.2" x 1.3")
Accessories provided with every Kulumi Mini:
- 1x 500mm USB-Micro USB cable (500mm) This is used to charge Kulumi from any 5V USB source or to charge a mobile phone.
- 1x 3.5mm Audio cable (800mm) This is used to play audio from another device or act as an FM antenna.
Optional Accessories: Mobile phone adapter set
MOBILE PHONE SUPPORT
Kulumi has the following features that supports a mobile phone:
- 5V USB output to charge a mobile phone
- Optional phone adapter cable set
- External speaker / Audio amplification via mobile phone headphone output and Kulumi line-in. The Audio cable is supplied with the lamp..
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me more about Kulumi's battery life?
Kulumi has a rechargeable 5Wh LiFiPO4 battery. The battery can recharged up to 2000 cycles.Below is a breakdown of the battery life using lamp at various brightness settings:
The Audio Player can be used for 14h at 100% volume if the light is not used.
Kulumi should charge 1-2 phones to 100% capacity (phone dependent).
What is the bulb life like?
Kulumi consists of high power LEDs that have a long life. The minimum life of the LEDs at 100% brightness is 5 years. At lower brightness settings you can easily stretch the life of the lamp to more than 10 years. The above estimates is based on using the lamp for 4h everyday.
The Mini has 3 LEDs that produce light output which adds to its robustness. Should one LED fail after 5 years then the other ones will continue to work.
KULUMI and the “ Rising Sun” logo are Hope Tech Global trademarks.