Custom Product Development
HTG develops products for optimum manufacturing in China. We call this Design for China Manufacturing. This is one of the best ways to help improve quality and reduce product unit cost. This approach also enables us to engineer production lead-times that help us to rapidly scale or adjust to sales order demands.
Hope Tech Global is in a strong position to help organizations because:
- Our development team is focused on products that add value to people living in the Developing world.
- Our design process results into very cost effective products
- Our large and extensive database of manufacturing and component suppliers can scale production rapidly to meet or adjust to demands
- Our access to an extensive network that already working in the Developing World .This allows us to understand the needs of the people and the technology they require.
HTG product development is focused on the following areas:
- Food Production
- Wireless Communications
- Power and Lighting
Each product HTG develops has to meet three conditions:
- It has to make a difference in lives for people living in the Developing World.
- It has to be centered around one of our Technology Focus Areas.
- It has to be electronic or mechanical in nature.
HTG uses a 4-step product design strategy, often referred to as a Stage-gate design process.
The project proceeds systematically as described in the sections below. At the end of each stage it is required to review the current stage, make amendments if necessary, and preview the future stages in the process. Each stage has specific deliverables, which usually take the form of documents, drawings, or test data.
Stage 1: Project Initiation/Feasibility
Based on a client's concepts and expressed requirements, HTG formulates a Product Requirements Specification. This document along with a formal project proposal is submitted to the client. At this point, HTG encourages its clients to develop their own business case and financial assessment, if they have not already done so.
Stage 2: Preliminary Design
HTG begins design of the product, locates possible suppliers, contacts interested manufacturers, develops a preliminary BOM and cost-up, and generally speaking provides a functional prototype. In this stage HTG will have solved all major technical issues and developed a plan for verification testing.
Stage 3: Formal Design
A detailed product design specification will be created, describing the product's performance and characteristics in quantifiable ways. The outcome of this stage is a collection of technical files that can be used to manufacture the product. During this phase the various components will be selected so that an optimum supply chain solution can be achieved. The complete system will be tested.
Stage 4: Manufacturing Implementation
Typical activities include:
- Purchase Orders for tooling and production test equipment.
- Implementation of procurement plan.
- Finalize verification testing.
- Conduct regulatory approvals and/or testing such as U/L, CE, etc.
- Production machinery installed.
- Initial production run and manufacturing validation.
Stage 5: Mass production
The product is now ready for deployment through sales channels. Products will be produced according to the released purchase orders. Regulatory Agencies conduct regular follow-up visits.
HTG has also carefully selected a number of Turnkey Manufacturing partners that help us and our customers to deliver products to the market fast with high quality, Our capabilities allow us to provide you with a full turnkey solution that is RoHS and REACH compliant.
HTG's supply chain for manufacturing of products can rapidly scale from low volume runs to volumes exceeding 1,000,000 units a year.
We also take protecting IP Rights very seriously. One of the many initiatives we take to do this is preventing any single vendor from having all product information. Click here to learn more about our IP Protection measures.
HTG can easily take a concept and turn it into a product to meet a technological need in the Developing World.
Please Contact Us if you are an organization that needs help with a product development.